The technical tour will take place day after the conference. This tour is limited to international participants only because of limited seat availability.
Technical tour to Kashipur Plant
Date: The tour will begin at 7:30 AM on 28th February, Wednesday and end at 14:00 hrs on 1st, March Thursday.
Brief about the site
India’s first 2G or cellulosic ethanol (alcohol) demonstration plant with a capacity of 10 ton/day erected at India Glycols Ltd., Kashipur will be inaugurated by Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science and Technology & Earth Sciences, on the 22nd of April 2016, at Kashipur.
The plant, built with the support of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology and its public-sector undertaking Biotechnology Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is based on the novel and indigenous 2G-alcohol technology developed by the DBT-ICT Centre for Energy Biosciences, a Centre of Excellence established in 2008 at the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology of India.
- India’s first 2G or cellulosic ethanol (alcohol) demonstration plant-based on indigenous technology
- 10 ton/day biomass Multi-feedstock Continuous flow
- Operational date: March, 2016
- India Glycols Ltd., Uttarakhand/Department of Biotechnology
- Departure from Delhi on 28th February 7:30 AM (Comfortable transport will be provided)
- Arrival at Kashipur Plant: 13:30 (Lunch at IGL)
- Plant Visit: 14:30 – 17:00, Night stay at Hotel/ Guest House arranged by us
- Return to Delhi on 01st March, 2018 at 7:00 AM reaching Delhi 14:00 hrs